The Scholarship Program is funded by the Jerry and Carolyn Davee Fund, and is available to burn survivors in our region.
“To empower and inspire burn survivors in San Diego and Imperial County to pursue educational and professional opportunities in order to reach their full potential.”
Consider the following when filling out the application:
- Please type answers to your essay questions and attach. If you must write, endure that your application is legible. Please limit response to one page per question.
- Attach a copy of any scholarships/financial aid that you are applying for or have already received. Please include amount given.
- Attach an estimate of tuition fees, room and board fees and other estimated fees for the school year.
- Please provide two letters of recommendation for non-family members who can speak to your personal, professional and educational goals and ambitions. These letters must be sent directly from the institution or individual writing the letter.
- Optional: If you would like to strengthen your application, please provide a copy of official high school or college transcripts.
- Mail completed application to Cat Coppenrath at the Burn Institute at 8825 Aero Drive, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92123-2269. *Keep a personal copy for your files.
- As part of the scholarship award process, students selected as semi-finalists will be required to participate in an interview process with the Selection Committee. Selected students will be notified as to the date, time, and location of the interview.
- The Selection Committee may request additional information prior to or during the interview.
- Must be a burn survivor.
- Must be a resident of San Diego or Imperial Counties.
- Application must not have applied for this scholarship in the last calendar year.
- Must be able to demonstrate a significant financial need in order to receive the scholarship.
- No high school or GED needed in order to apply for this scholarship unless the educational institution selected by the applicant requires it.
- Must be 17 years or older.
- If scholarship is being received over the course of 2 semesters, applicant must be able to maintain a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent while receiving assistance through the Davee Scholarship Fund.
Currently, this application is closed. Check back for updates!